(Intended For Media & Radio)
About Me (Short & Long Version)
Tehondi is a true poet and independent Hip-Hop artist based out of Chicago. His style consist of mixing hard hitting beats and ear catching hooks with powerful motivational lyrics to create truly uplifting hip-hop music. On July 7th, 2017, Tehondi released his new single "Acquitted (No Justice)"; a song expressing his discomfort and conflictions with the police and justice system. Shortly after he also announced that his sophomore album "Hiatus Days Over EP" will be released in fall 2017;. "Hopefully September".
Terrence Dillon, or as he is known in the industry, Tehondi, is a true poet and independent Hip-Hop artist based out of Chicago. Growing up in a rough neighborhood, Tehondi’s life was a constant barrage of combating bullies, escaping the gang-violence which poisoned the streets, and lamenting his poverty stricken community. The negativity and hatred he experienced every day sparked a dream within him. Tehondi wanted to find a way to build a social movement. He began to walk a new path and seek a better understanding of human nature and connectivity. He knew that one could not wait for a hero to save the day, he had to be the one to bring about the change he wanted to see.
So Tehondi turned to poetry to express his thoughts. It became his outlet, his tool, and his weapon. He competed twice in Chicago’s largest poetry competition “Louder Than A Bomb” and received rave feedback. After high school Tehondi turned to music to help enforce his art. Much like his poetry, his music was driven by the sorrow he felt and his desire to escape the violent world around him. But that negative desire grew into a beacon of hope. Tehondi decided to turn his pain into something positive; something that could help make the world a better place. His goal was to make music that let the people who feel unwanted and discarded know that they aren't alone. His movement’s main message it to encourage people to take action in their lives and not just be a victim of their circumstances.
In 2014 he released his debut album “Become The Savior”, an album focused on providing positive messages and abstract thoughts utilizing hard-hitting trap style beats. Notable tracks from the album include “Find A Reason”, “Won”, and “Die A King Not A Savage”. In 2015 he released his single “Pain (I Wanna Live)”. Tehondi is creating a solid musical catalog that mixes hard hitting beats and ear catching hooks, with his fast flowing and motivational lyrics to create truly uplifting hip-hop music.
On July 7th, 2017, Tehondi released his new single "Acquitted (No Justice)"; a song expressing his discomfort and conflictions with the police and justice system. July 7th also marked his return to hip hop as it had been exactly 2 years since he released music. Shortly after, Tehondi announced that his sophomore album "Hiatus Days Over EP" will be released in fall 2017;. "Hopefully September".
Notable Lyric Quotes By Tehondi
- "Sometimes in life, you can’t just sit around and wait for a hero. Eventually you’ll have to rise up… and become the savior." (Become The Savior)
- "I just want to see a future that i would want my kids to be in" (Become The Savior)
- "I speak peace why hate on me?" (Won)
- "Its so easy to hate someone. Who tough enough to love instead?" (Won)
- "I know I’m not insane yawl just afraid to take the challenge of questioning everything you’ve been told/sold." (Hokage)
- "I realized one day, that true strength comes from the actions and the words you say." (Tryna Do Right)
- "They tryna tell me where I can go, but they can’t wear my shoes though. I refuse to be like you that’s why I paved my own road." (Find A Reason)
- "Imma fight for my beliefs even if I end up dead." (Find A Reason)
"Die a king not a savage! Cause’ a king dies for something your life means nothing as a savage okay!" (Die A King Not A Savage)
- "Be the one to change the world even if it’s just you." (Just You)
- "One can change the world for a million who do nothing." (Just You)
- "Tryna start a chain reaction. Fuck a reaction just take action. // Cause if you choose to do nothing, then nothing will ever happen." (Just You)
- "I’m building my future. Uh. Thinking like Martin Luther. Yea. But when you tryna save the world, somebodies gonna shoot ya." [Pain (I Wanna Live)]
- "Where the good cops at? Are you good? Tell the truth. // If you ain’t speaking out against the bad then you are bad too." [Acquitted (No Justice)]